Fresh off a promising annual call with shareholders yesterday, Fisker Inc. is back with additional news pertaining to its first two EV models. In addition to confirming 50,000 reservations for its flagship Ocean SUV, Fisker has shared a second image of the upcoming PEAR along with additional details.
Since we covered much of the recent movements of Fisker Inc. yesterday, including its progress toward start of production of the Ocean SUV, we will focus instead on today’s news. As we previously mentioned, Fisker was reporting over 31,000 Ocean reservations as of February of 2022.
As recently as its Q1 report, that number had eclipsed 45,000. Now just over a month later, Fisker is reporting over 50,000 reservations for the Ocean, a number company chairman and CEO Henrik Fisker shared was imminent during a call with shareholders yesterday.
Speaking of reservations, Fisker has received over 3,200 for its second EV model, the PEAR so far, despite only offering a limited glimpse of what the automaker is calling a “sporty crossover, smaller than the Ocean.”
With today’s announcement, Fisker shared an interior image of the PEAR interior along with some new details. Have a gander.
Fisker shares new PEAR image and production timeline
As promised yesterday, Fisker came through with a new image of its upcoming PEAR EV shared via a press release. As you can see above, the interior cabin appears very open thanks to a surplus of glass and a uniquely shaped windshield.
In addition to the PEAR image, Fisker shared the following details to its progress and design:
- PEAR will be fully-revealed in the second half of 2023
- Production will begin at a plant owned by Fisker manufacturing partner Foxconn in 2024
- This plant should be the recently acquired Lordstown facility in Ohio
- Prototype testing is expected to begin in late 2022
- The image doesn’t show it, but the PEAR will have what Fisker is calling the “first-ever Houdini trunk – an alternative to traditional rear cargo hatches”
- The EV’s interior will offer “a new level of storage for its segment”
- The PEAR will come in single-motor RWD and dual-motor AWD configs. available in four different trim packages
- The Fisker PEAR will have two battery pack options
- The larger Hyper Range pack is targeting 310 miles of range and will feature the SolarSky panoramic roof for added solar range
Fisker CEO Henrik Fisker spoke to the PEAR and its reservations:
The impressive number of reservations for the Fisker Ocean proves there’s huge interest in our
brand and in electric vehicles. The over 3,200 reservations already for the Fisker PEAR indicate this revolutionary mobility device, designed for city dwellers, demonstrates customers are ready for Fisker to deliver the 21st century’s most innovative vehicle. The Fisker PEAR’s cool new features and technologies – and affordable pricing below $29,900 – are designed specifically for the customer of the future.
Fisker says more PEAR details (and hopefully another image or two) will be shared throughout 2022.